- 30 May 2022
The call for submissions ran from 21 June 2022 to 12 September 2022 through Engage Victoria and sought the views of organisations, individual practitioners and advocates on the extent to which the legal provisions have been effective in:
- facilitating information sharing, and enabling certain organisations to obtain consolidated and up-to-date information from the Central Information Point, for the purposes of establishing, assessing and managing risks of family violence
- promoting service coordination to maximise the safety of people who have experienced family violence, prevent and reduce family violence to the extent possible, and promote the accountability of perpetrators of family violence for their actions
- providing a framework for achieving consistency in family violence risk identification, assessment and management.
The call for submissions also sought views on whether there have been any adverse effects associated with the provisions in Part 5A or Part 11 and whether any changes are required to improve the Act’s operation.
The Monitor is extremely grateful for the strong and diverse response and thanks those who shared their insights and experiences.
The analysis of submissions will contribute to the Monitor’s examination of the effectiveness of the legal provisions . A report identifying any areas of the legislation requiring further attention will be provided to the Victorian Government in May 2023 and tabled by August 2023.
In total, 45 submissions were received, consisting of:
- 6 submissions from individuals
- 39 submissions from organisations
The sectors represented by individuals/organisations who made submissions is illustrated in the graphs below.
Table 1: List of submissions
|2||Individual - community service practitioner|
|7||Organisation - community service|
|8||Individual - education practitioner|
|14||Organisation - education service|
|15||Organisation - health/community health service|
|28||Organisation - specialist family violence service|
|29||Organisation - peak body|
|31||Organisation - community service|
|34||Organisation - peak body|
|36||Individual - other|
|45||Organisation - community service|